This Policy applies to Personal Information collected or processed through our website- https://www.veranexsolutions.com (“Site”) and any other Veranex-operated website that links to this Policy (collectively, the “Services”).
To jump to a section of this Policy, click a link below:
- What is Personal Information?
- How We Use Personal Information
- Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
- Retention and Deletion
- Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
- Compliance with Applicable State Laws
- Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
- International Use of the Services
- Children’s Privacy
- Third Party Websites and Links, Including Social Media
- Changes to Our Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use or in the future may potentially use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering our Site or Services to you;
- Analyzing, administering, and improving the Site;
- Enabling secure use of the Site;
- Sending electronic communications to you;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations; and
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected and processed the Personal Information, or as required by applicable laws.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
A. Information that You Provide Us
In various places within the Site, we may request information from you via forms. The exact information we need to collect (including Personal Information) will depend on the purpose of the form.
For example, if you decide to contact us and complete the “Contact Us” form located on the Site, you will provide the following Personal Information to us:
- Name; and
- Email address.
We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the requested services.
B. Information We automatically Collect from You
We may collect information from you concerning the links you click on while interacting with the site or our emails sent to you that you access. We process this information to help operate certain features of the Site, to help us better understand the features of the Site that you and other users are most interested in, and to improve the Site’s function and content.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose Personal Information except as set forth in this Policy. This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers. We engage service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site. For example, we may use third-party vendors and hosting companies to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate the Site. We may store encrypted database backups off site with a third-party storage provider to ensure data security in the case of an emergency or catastrophe. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site and Services, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies; in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person; or as otherwise required by law.
5. How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the Personal Information we collect secure.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Retention and Deletion
As discussed above, in Section 2, we keep your Personal Information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may de-identify, aggregate, or otherwise anonymize your Personal Information consistent with applicable laws and industry standards so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer treated as Personal Information.
7. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
If you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
8. Compliance with Applicable State Laws
The state of California and Virginia provide their residents with certain rights concerning their Personal Information. This section describes how California and Virginia residents may exercise their rights concerning Personal Information that we collect through the Site, Services, or offline.
A. Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
In accordance with applicable law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding twelve months:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, mailing address, or online identifier.
We may share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes (including any purpose specified in Section 2, above).
We have not sold Personal Information to a service provider within the past twelve months.
B. Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California or Virginia, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the prior twelve months.
- Right to Correct. You may have the right to request Veranex correct or update the personal information we have collected about in
- Right to Notice. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
- Right to Delete.You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out.You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve months we have not sold Personal Information to a service provider.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our toll-free (877) 907-0944. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal information, unless the different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services are reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data. We will not discriminate against anyone who elects to exercise their CCPA rights.
9. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
With your permission, we may send you commercial information, marketing materials, or updates on our products or devices via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by clicking on the conspicuous “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email we may send to you. Please note that certain Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Site or Services (e.g., verifying your email address for us to respond to your product inquiries) and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
10. International Use of the Services
If you use the Services outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information may be collected, stored, and processed in the United States. We will not transfer Personal Information internationally. Please be aware that the data protection laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
12. Third Party Websites and Links, Including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by non-Veranex operated websites or services linked to or from the Site or Services, including the information or content contained within them. Unless Veranex operates the third party website linked to or from the Site or Services, a link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
13. Changes to Our Privacy
We may modify or update this Policy from time to time, so please review it periodically. If we make a change to this Policy that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you as appropriate under the circumstances. Unless otherwise indicated, any changes to this Policy will apply immediately upon posting to the Site.
14. How to Contact Us
To contact us regarding this Policy, your rights under applicable law, or to exercise those rights, please contact us using the information below.
Toll-free phone number: (877) 907-0944